11 Charity quotes worth remembering
- No amount of money given in charity, nothing but the abandonment of this hateful trade, can atone for this great sin against God, Israel and Humanity.
~ Hermann Adler, quoted in Joseph H. Hertz
- You shall not turn away the needy, but shall share everything with your brother, and shall not say that it is your own, for if you are sharers in the imperishable, how much more in the things which perish?
- It is immoral to use private property in order to alleviate the horrible evils that result from the institution of private property.
~ Oscar Wilde
- In charity there is no excess.
~ Francis Bacon
- In a just world, there would be no possibility of ‘charity’.
~ Bertrand Russell.
- When faith and hope fail, as they do sometimes, we must try charity, which is love in action.
~ Dinah Craik
- Charity itself fulfills the law. And who can sever love from charity?
~ William Shakespeare
- Charity literally translated from the original means love, the love that understands, that does not merely share the wealth of the giver, but in true sympathy and wisdom helps men to help themselves.
~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Charity ain’t giving people what you wants to give, it’s giving people what they need to get
~ Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
- The best philanthropy is anonymous charity. … The higher giving is anonymous giving.
~ Gene Simmons
- For true evangelical faith…cannot lay dormant; but manifests itself in all righteousness and works of love; it…clothes the naked; feeds the hungry; consoles the afflicted; shelters the miserable; aids and consoles all the oppressed; returns good for evil; serves those that injure it; prays for those that persecute it.
~ Menno Simons
Massive thanks to Wiki Quotes for these list